On Monday, I awoke at 5:00am with some mild contractions and some nausea. I wasnt sure if 'this was it' so I just waited and started timing them to see if there was any rhyme or reason. They were around 15 minutes apart but not always regular. Around 10am JR and I went to dog park to walk around and get the dogs some exercise and to see if walking would start things up more.
I thought the contractions were going away and began thinking that this was not the day our baby would be born but a false alarm. I started walking back to the car when a flood of water soaked my pants. My water had sprung a leak... and I began thinking that this might be the day after all.
We went back home and walked around a bit more to get things started on their own. We wanted to stay home as long as possible so I had to continue to check my temperature and make sure the fluid was clear and without a smell.
Everything was going well and around 4pm, the contractions were five minutes apart and we left for the hospital.... Traffic time.
We got to the hospital around 5pm and they checked to see how dilated I was. I was 5cm so they admitted me and I went to a Labor and Delivery room. Everyone thought we would have a baby in our hands before midnight.... but Baby Reynolds had other plans...and I had MANY more hours of labor before I would have the little one in my arms. After 28 and a half hours of labor, we finally met Baby Reynolds.
7 years ago


1 comment:
WHOA! 28 1/2 hours!?
Congratulations!
Post a Comment