7 years ago
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Pretty Cool
Just a couple weeks ago I was asking Hudson's swim teacher if we could 'move on' from the back float thing. She said that it was important that he totally master that skill first before moving on. In my head, I was thinking that he might be too old to have the back-float become instinct and was wanting him to learn to kick/swim to the side of the pool. I mean, he can flip to his back but it wasnt instinct. I didnt think he would get to the point where he would flip to his back if he fell in the pool. But I was wrong. Just a few short lessons later, Hudson is flipping to his back not just because he can or because his teacher tells him to, but he is doing it as if it were instinct. It is so cool. I must admit I got a little teary eyed when he first started doing it. What a relief.
Last week he was going down the slide into the water and flipping to his back. And last week the teacher was getting out of the pool and throwing him in and he was flipping to his back. Last week, I didnt have my camera. Bummer. Here is another of him sitting on the side and going in and then flipping to his back (he is on the left, sitting outside the pool with the female instructor).
I am sure this is real exciting stuff for a lot of you. But while it may be boring for you, this blog is for us too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
what a smart boy!
Not boring....I'm glad he is a flipper cuz I'm gonna throw him in the pool in PS.
Post a Comment