Saturday, October 17, 2009

Worth It

On days when the sleeplessness, the whining, the crying, the fighting over every toy being Hudson's threatens to overwhelm me; on days when I cant wait for JR to get home to ease the 'witching hour' (around 4pm, the kids have tons of energy and I have none); on days when I leave Hudson alone for 1 minute to change Cannon's diaper and find that he got into something.


On days when diaper changing, feeding, and toddler activities are maddeningly repetitive; on days when I wonder why on earth we thought having kids 19 months apart was a good idea; on days when I dont have a moment to pee much less shower or get dressed; on days like this, one simple moment during the day makes me smile, often with tears in my eyes, and makes the whole thing, every bit of it, worth it. Worth all the tiredness, frustrations, and busy activities that currently consume our lives. Worth it just to be there to laugh at Hudson's funny sayings, or kiss Cannon's boo-boos myself, or watch as they laugh at each other and play together. To be the one that wakes up to them, puts them down, kisses them goodnight and good morning. To watch Cannon learn to walk all around the house; and be the first to watch Hudson ride a bike (with training wheels, of course); to be the one that teaches them the ABCs and 123s. To dress them up in the same outfit and take silly pictures that one day they will roll their eyes at.




To be the one that teaches Cannon a new trick and watch him read a book like a big kid.


To be the one that makes the healthy meals and chooses what they eat. To be the one that decides what my kids do during the day, where we go and what we see. There is a reason I CHOOSE to do what I do and moments like these serve as good reminders that it is all worth it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They're the best...I love them more than anything.

Dad

Tracy Morrison said...

I love them in their matching outfits!! Adorable!
What did Hudson get into on the stairs? That picture is priceless.
I couldn't agree more--it is all SO worth it. Being a Mommy is the best. We are so lucky that we get to be with our munchkins every day.

Walters Family said...

your boys are so handsome & you are a wonderful mom! there's nothing better in the world than seeing your baby learn something new & smile!