
We don't sleep with our kids very often. Less than a handful of times between the both of them. But this night we were tired and we were sick of getting up. Cannon did much better than Hudson ever did in our bed with us. When Hudson slept with us, on that rare occasion, he would be ALL over the place. That kid must do circles in his sleep making it so hard to sleep next to him. But Cannon did pretty well once he finally fell asleep.
Anyways, a few days ago, I asked JR to put Cannon down. Part of the routine is for me to put him down, read him a book, etc. but because he wasn't sleeping well, I wanted to change up the routine and see what happened. And what do you know, he slept through the night. So JR put him down the next couple nights and he continued to sleep through the night.
And then last night, JR was at a hockey game. So I put Cannon down. And he got up three times. JR went in there and boy was he screaming when he saw it was JR and not me. He was screaming, "I want my mommy."
Boys and their mommies. He wants me more than he wants sleep. And I just think that is a boy thing (or my boys' thing). And I guess I should love it since I know he won't be wanting me forever. But boy am I starting to enjoy my sleep after all these years of sleeplessness.


1 comment:
What? So your prediction was right about last night. Cheers to Daddy putting his to sleep from now on :)
Post a Comment