Here is a sample of what goes on ALL day long at my house. I am opening a pack of markers so we can do our workbooks.
Hudson: I want Blue.
Cannon: I want Blue.
Hudson: Blue is my favorite color. Cannon's favorite color is black.
Cannon: NO! My favorite color is blue. I said Blue first.
Hudson: No you didnt! I said Blue first.
...tears are starting... voices are rising...
Me: If you both fight over one color then we are never going to get to work in our books. Someone is going to have to pick a different color. There is no point in fighting over one because then no one has fun.
...calming down...breathing...thinking...
Cannon: MOM! I want blue only.
Hudson: NO! I SAID BLUE FIRST!
...in each other's face...getting ready to throw fists...yelling...
Me: Ok. You boys can fight over blue and I will put everything else away so no one can do any of our workbooks.
...sniffles...anger...
Hudson: Okay mom. I will take green.
Cannon: No, I want green!
Me (tryng to distract and divert now away from workbooks altogether): Hey, you know what? Let's go to the store and get some stuff to bake. Go pee and we will get in the car.
Hudson: I'm gonna pee first.
Cannon: No, I'm gonna pee first!
...both running to bathroom...crying...pulling pants down fast...missing toilet...
Hudson: I peed first!
Cannon: I peed longer!
Hudson: Well, I'm gonna go out the door first!
Cannon: MOM! Hudson said he's gonna go out the door first!
Me: We are all going out at the same time!
Cannon: HAHA!
Hudson: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I wanna go out first cuz I'm the biggest!
Cannon: I'm the biggest!
....pushing at the door...crying at the door...
I look at my watch and it is only 745am. Another long day.
7 years ago


3 comments:
Are you serious?!? I guess you couldn't even make this up - - too funny!
Oh my gosh, it is even worse than what I wrote. It continues to the car... "I wanna get in first" and "Mom buckled me first!" and "I get to get out first!"... The fighting/competing is crazy right now! This is why we are usually out and about. They don't fight at the beach or the park or Disneyland, etc. So we are always going some place. But getting there is usually a fight! Haha! I am going crazy!! :)
I think we may be living the same lives right now! I wake up to the girls fighting about who woke up first....who gets to pee first...who gets to see mommy first. Usually leads to one of them jumping up on my bed and kneeing me in the face. Wow what a wonderful way to start off the day! I am offically a 24 hr referee.
Post a Comment