Thursday, March 01, 2012

Roadtrip to New Mexico, Part III: The Drive Home

Day one of driving back home was easy. No probelm at all. We stopped near the Wild West town that we stopped at on the way to New Mexico. We stayed at a really nice casino and it was warm enough for me to take the boys swimming. They love staying at hotels.



Driving on day two, we were a little more eager to be home. When we got really close to the dinosaurs in Palm Springs, Hudson magically said "Mom, remember on the way to New Mexico you said we could stop at the dinosaurs on the way back?" Ummm...my mom and I were so eager to get home at that point (second day of driving was harder than first!) that I was planning on driving right past the dinosaurs and hoped the boys would forget. Hudson must have sensed they were near. I have been trying to stop/slow down to smell the roses though, so we pulled off the freeway and let the boys run around.









Kids don't know about traffic times, or laundry that needs to be done before work the next day, or wanting to make it home before dinner. They just think in the moment and want to have fun. I came across a saying "If you are making your journey in a hurry, you are making it poorly." I am glad we stopped, even though we hit traffic and were in the car for a ridiculous number of hours that day. It was worth it:

No comments: