Wednesday, December 27, 2006

25 weeks

I went to the doctor this morning for my 6 month appointment. Each time I go, I weigh in, of course, but today I was a little apprehensive since I was weighing in right after Christmas and Thanksgiving! I really don't mind the weight gain and am eating healthy and exercising every day, so whatever is going to happen will happen - but I would rather not know the 'number'. Well, unfortunately they said the number today before I could tell them I don't want to know. So far I have gained 16 pounds. Seems like a lot to me but no one seems concerned so I guess that means it is within the normal range.

The doctor also did the Doppler today - a machine that monitors the baby's heart beat. Baby Reynolds' heart rate was in the 150s. Again that is normal, but according to old wives tales, a heart rate above 140 means girl and below 140 means boy.... We will see! Baby Reynolds also kicked the monitor that was on my stomach - enough for the doctor to notice and say "Wow, that was a big kick". Those big kicks are starting to become the norm and happening more frequently. I am getting kinda worried about how strong these kicks will be in another few weeks when the baby gets even bigger and there is more muscle behind each one.

As I was leaving the nurse asked if I had signed up for all my childbirth classes. I said that I had not and she gave me the paperwork for doing so. It shouldn't be too difficult to do, but the first line on the paper says to sign up by your 24th week. Obviously it is not going to be a big deal that I sign up now but it is funny how I seem to think I am only 10 weeks pregnant with nothing to do yet.

1 comment:

Karen said...

16 pounds doesn't seem like much . . . are you gaining weight anywhere BESIDES your belly? Geesh! :)
Karen