Friday, December 08, 2006

Symptoms


I just realized the other day how being pregnant has taken over my entire body (Ok, maybe this should have hit me months ago, but I am realizing it now). It is actually kind of amusing. From the top of my head to my toes, each part of me is feeling the effects of pregnancy...

  • my eyes - my contacts are irritated and I am finding myself squinting more than ever
  • my skin - so there might be some minor 'pregnancy glow' but it is hard to tell with the new acne
  • congestion - my nose is not only congested but a little bloody most mornings
  • my gums - yep, they bleed when I brush them
  • my neck and shoulders - sore from learning to sleep on my side when I was 100% a stomach sleeper before this!
  • breasts - they are not as sore as they were in the beginning but they are still tender and getting larger by the month
  • stomach - obviously getting bigger and itchier
  • legs/feet - restless and a little uncomfortable, probably a little swollen
  • hands - I recently took my wedding rings off because they were getting so tight I was developing a rash under the bands. And I was scared that soon I would have to have them cut off my finger.

I hope this list doesn't come across as a laundry list of complaints. Really, none of these changes are that bad or hard to deal with (ok, the nausea and extreme tiredness in the beginning was a littler harder for me). I mostly think this list is funny and I am enjoying watching the changes as they take place.

By the way, my stomach looks really big in this photo - I think it was taken after a big meal (Ok, maybe I am still in denial a little bit).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thank you for sharing this wonderful time of your life with me and my family. You look absolutely adorable and are glowing with happiness. You have had quite a month. First congratulations on becoming an AUNT to beautiful Giana. Secondly congratulations on passing the bar. What a wonderful accomplishment. I must say I was not too suprised. Looks and brains run in the family. Soon you will become a mom and J.R. a dad nothing can top that. We are here for you both should you need anything. I look forward to your next entry. God Bless you all. Happy Holidays.
Karin

Anonymous said...

Geez, your post makes me almost glad I'll never get to experience the "joys" of pregnancy. Ha ha.
Karen in San Diego
bsinchina.blogspot.com