Monday, February 05, 2007

It was Positive





I know it is gross, but I kept the orginal pregnancy tests that I took back in August. I am not sure what I planned on doing with them but it didn't seem like something I should throw away. Well, after seeing them in my bathroom drawer for the last six months (in a zip-lock bag!) I decided to take photos of them, post the photos on here, and then throw them away! So here are the tests! And Yes -'tests'- as in plural tests not just a single test. The afternoon I found out I was pregnant (August 13, 2006), I took 5 (FIVE) pregnancy tests, and the next morning, I took a sixth. One of the reasons I took so many tests (and different brands of tests) was because I didn't think I was getting a 'positive'. If you look at one of the sticks it indicates Pregnancy will be shown by a Plus (+) sign in the left box and a vertical line in the right box. My tests showed two vertical lines which indicated nothing. So as I sent JR to the store for a different brand of test, an EPT test, (the EPT tests he got showed the word "pregnant" but after six months the digital reader has gone out and it is now blank) I got on the phone and called the 800 number to figure out what two vertical lines meant on the first four tests. I got a recording which immediately stated "If you have two vertical lines, you are pregnant. Ignore any horizontal lines" ... or something like that. Basically, the recording told me I was pregnant (which JR had been saying since he saw the first test). I still took the other two EPT tests though.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I guess pregnancy tests are one of those things . . . you just can't be sure enough . . .
Karen in San Diego