Tuesday, March 06, 2007

35 weeks and counting...

This pregnancy hit me in the last week. I have all of a sudden become really pregnant and with that comes some uncomfortableness, not to mention some nervousness. I went nursery room shopping and grocery shopping with my mom yesterday and thank goodness we did the grocery shopping last because that way I could hang on the cart while pushing it around. I wore tennis shoes, but after just a couple hours, my feet felt like bowling balls. They didn't look too swollen but they felt like they were falling off. I came home and put my feet up for a bit, but they are definitely not the same anymore.

This last week has had some good developments too - I am sleeping really well. Don't get me wrong, I still get up to go to the bathroom about a half dozen times during the night, but I think I am used to it and I am able to fall right back to sleep. I must also be used to sleeping on my side now too. I wake up in the morning feeling like my body got hit by a bus and it feels new every morning to get up and start carrying the extra weight around, but at least I am sleeping!

I am now going to the doctor every week for check ups. They check the size of the baby, the baby's heart rate and any new symptoms I seem to have that week. They also checked last week to see if I was dilated (because I was having contractions). The os of my cervix was opening and softening but not the main part of my cervix (doesn't really mean anything yet). There really is no way to predict when this baby is coming, contractions or not, so JR and I made a friendly bet. His guess is the week of March 19-26 and I guessed March 27-April 2. I am not sure why both of us think the baby will come before the due date (especially since most first babies come after their due date) but I think it is because I am starting to feel like I have been pregnant forever.

No comments: