My baby boy is now 17 months old. He is talking so much and his vocabulary and memory grow and get better each day. It is amazing to watch the development happen right before our eyes.
His sleeping has improved. I havent written about that in ages because the topic was starting to get to me - it was taking over my life. But I am happy to report that it has improved since I last wrote. He started sleeping through the night at 15 months (yes, all you out there that think you have it bad - there are those who have it worse - and those who have it even worse than me! I met a mom today at his gym class who's 3 1/2 year old still wakes up at night). We didnt do anything differently, one night he just didnt wake up - it 'clicked' as the doctor put it. He still wakes up a couple times a week but boy have we improved. And of course, he is still an early riser but we know it could be a lot worse so we are happy. The unfortunate and ironic part is that he basically started sleeping through the night when I started getting up multiple times at night to go to the bathroom from this pregnancy. So I still dont sleep through the night. But that's what it means to be a mom - at least Hudson's mom (and dad- JR does more than his part)! Naps are another story. He seems to think he doesnt need them. He has been down to just one nap a day for MONTHS now, and we have to fight him to get him to take that one nap (it is usually around an hour maybe an hour and a half - NEVER two hours). He is just not a sleeper (he gets that from both JR and I so we cant be too upset). What he lacks in good sleeping he makes up for physically and mentally. He loves trains, books, daddy's jeep, animals, water, and of course, his mommy and daddy. He is a happy, smart and active child and I cannot believe he is 17 months old and that soon he will be a big brother!!
Which brings me to the fact that I am now 7 months pregnant and officially in the last trimester. I am to the point where I realize I am pregnant in terms of slowness, weight, some lower back pain, out of breath, etc. I cant just jump up or jump in the car... all of that takes a little more time/care.
Here is a photo of Jess and I. Baby V is due Sept. 29 making her about 37 weeks (I am about 28 weeks). We are all ready for her little guy to make his big debut!!


No comments:
Post a Comment