Saturday, November 08, 2008

Full Term!

We made it to 37 weeks ~ full term! I see my doctor every week now and we are definitely at the final stretch. I have been getting a lot of sharp pressure really low. Because of this my doctor checked me at Thursday's appointment and discovered I was 75% effaced, 2 centimeters dilated and the baby is low (she felt the head and said it is engaged). The sharp pressure/pain happened when I was in her office and I told her - she felt my stomach and said I was having a contraction which was causing the baby's head to drop and put pressure on me. All of this means absolutely nothing about when this baby will come - but we know he or she is coming.
Speaking of "IT" -- not knowing the gender of the baby and calling him or her 'it' still gets REALLY hard at the end. I remember feeling this with Hudson since we didnt know he was a 'he' until he came out. My mind KNOWS a baby is coming but it is a little weird not knowing whether we will have a son or daughter. Of course, it was our choice not to find out the sex of the baby. We love not knowing and think it adds so much to the special birth day and we would choose not to find out again in the future but it is definitely harder at the end!
37 weeks also means the waiting game starts. In my opinion this is the hardest part about a pregnancy (aside from the HEAT). Consuming thoughts like "it could happen right now" fill my head at every moment of the day. People call to see if I answer and wonder if I am still pregnant. Honestly though, now that the weather has cooled down, I feel like I can handle being pregnant for awhile longer.

Pregnancy Recap:
Cravings - Lattes, Iced Tea, Grapefruit, cereal (Before you go and think that I didnt eat anything bad, know that I normally have a sweet tooth and that did not diminish because I was pregnant. I just wouldnt say it was a craving - I would say that is normal for me).
Avoided - Mexican food (much to JR's disappointment) and chicken
What I really miss since being pregnant - Running, sleeping on my stomach, regular clothes and wine.
What I gained being pregnant - the occasional foot rub, some heartburn and 30 lbs so far.

Looking Big...




And last, since the poll is over - 56% (36 people) of you think we are having a girl and 43% (29 people) think boy... we'll see!

No comments: