I took Hudson skiing with me last week for his first time. I was very hesitant at first because I know how he can be if he is in one of his 'moods' and I didnt want to spend all the money on goggles, rentals and tickets for him to sit in the snow and refuse. I thought he could flip out and hate the goggles, or the boots, or the layers and layers of clothes. Or I thought he might get scared of the chair lift. I wasnt sure we would make it to the chair lift. I just wasnt sure what to expect. BUT, he did GREAT. He never cried or whined or complained or said NO. He let me put the uncomfortable boots on him, the goggles and all the layers. And he was FINE in the chair lift. I was pretty tired by the time I hiked up to the chair lift carrying both pairs of skiis and dragging Hudson (who couldnt walk in the snow while wearing the ski boots). Going down the first run he was yelling "YAY!" and screaming "GO FASTER." I am so glad we went. He loved it. And it was great to spend a little one on one time with him doing something that I grew up doing.


Oh and Hudson had perfect conditions his first time skiing. Tons of fresh powder, blue skies, and no wind (it stormed the night before we went and a few hours after we left the slopes). And because we went on a week day there was one other person on our run/chairlift. Driving down the mountain the following day wasnt as much fun in the storm but we made it.

1 comment:
SO FUN!! I have the best memories of skiing with the cousins and I can't wait for our kids to have a similar experience. It doesn't surprise me at all that he loved it and did a great job. BIG BOY!!
Post a Comment