Thursday, March 04, 2010

Stop and Smell the Roses

I love when I learn something from my kids. It happens all the time. The other day, when it was raining, I took the kids to the mall to see the carousel, the toy store, the Disney store, the toys in Pottery Barn Kid store and the animals and fish tanks at Rain Forest. That is a lot to see and we were moving through the mall. Except Cannon. He was stalling. He wasnt moving. I was telling him to keep up (which normally he does so well)! But he was stopped. And he wouldnt move.


He was looking up.


So I followed his gaze and saw something that I had never seen even though I am sure it has always been there. I just hadnt ever paused to look.


Cannon is so funny. Thanks for making me slow down and look at pretty things, Cannon!

3 comments:

Rose Anthony said...

SO sweet! Love that boy.

Unknown said...

thats so weird...drew and i just said we have never noticed that either. he must have looked at it for a long time if he gave you time to take a photo

Walters Family said...

what a wonderful mom-moment!! what a smart little boy!