Saturday, April 03, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday, Hudson


Hudson is three. Sigh. Big Sigh. I cannot believe it. On the one hand, our days are long, tiring and I often find myself looking forward to each evening. While it often feels like our days go by slowly, the years seem to be flying by too fast. I cannot believe he is three. Three seems so much bigger/mature/older than two. Two seems like a baby. Three is like a big kid. He talks like a big boy, acts like a big boy (most of the time) and is such a funny person that we love being around. He cracks us up but is also sensitive and kind. He can be shy but is mostly fun, outgoing and the director of all business around the house. He is sly and mischevious. He knows what he wants and can talk is way into getting what he wants most of the time. And if that doesnt work, he still knows how to bring on the waterworks and throw a good tantrum. He is so smart and has an amazing memory that constantly surprises me. His imagination can bring tears to my eyes with his excited story telling and the excuses that he can give. He is our first born and he is responsble for making JR and I into a family. He is the big brother and the life of the party. He is the "biggest boy ever" and he is so incredibly loved it hurts. As a mother, one of my biggest fears is that he will never know how much he is loved. But I know one day, if he is lucky like us, he will have his own children and he will know then how much his own parents loved him.
Happy 3rd Birthday, Hudson Cole. We love you more than you know.

3 comments:

Tracy Morrison said...

Hudson you are so big and smart and amazing. Happy birthday big boy!!

Claudia said...

Well said! Sometimes I find myself just staring at Belli wondering, does this angel have any idea how much I love her?

Claudia said...

Well said! Sometimes I find myself just staring at Belli wondering, does this angel have any idea how much I love her?