Thursday, April 21, 2011

Nightmare

Cannon has been defining the term "terrible two's" lately. It has been really hard. He is stubborn, knows what he wants and isn't always great at communicating it. He is impossible to bargain with or bribe and does not understand the concept of "wait". I don't remember this with Hudson. But Hudson wasn't also competing with a sibling for attention or what he wanted to do. For example, the other day we were playing outside when Hudson had to go to the bathroom, not pee. I grabbed Cannon and we all ran inside. Of course. I couldn't leave Cannon outside. Cannon had a meltdown. He stayed by the door kicking and screaming while I raced to the bathroom with Hudson. When Hudson was little, he didn't have to compromise or end an activity early if he didn't want to. So I feel for Cannon and understand (a little) but he has been a little nightmare recently. He has had me question what I am doing at home with them. I feel frustrated easily, upset, like I am getting no where with them. It has been hard, to say the least.









Then the other day, we were playing outside and Hudson fell while playing down the street. Cannon immediately took off sprinting toward him yelling "Hudson it's ok. I'm coming!" When he got to a crying Hudson, Cannon put his arm around him and kissed his bleeding knee. And for a moment, I remembered why I stay home. I would never have seen that if I werent at home with them. I smiled and made it through another day...

No comments: