The last few months of Cannon being a two year old have been challenging. He is more determined and stubborn than any adult I know. Looking back, I sort of laugh remembering the tantrums. At the time though, I remember wanting to cry. Lately, Cannon has been telling me "I don't care" when I am trying to get him to do something (or bribe him).
"Cannon, you have to go to bed because tomorrow you get to bring cupcakes to your class for your birthday." He responded with, "I don't care about cupcakes". I said, "Oh you don't care? Then I can give the cupcakes to Daddy to take to work." And he said, "That's fine, because I don't care about cupcakes."
Or when I say "We can go to the library after your nap." He responded with "If we go to the library first, then I will nap."
As much as I want him to grow up just to grow out of this current stage, I know one day I will be kicking myself for wishing these days (tantrums) to pass. The fact that he is three today is mind blowing and a good reminder of how fast things already go. I don't need to wish them any faster. I need to pause and enjoy them. Like we did this morning, when we all got in our bed and sang Happy Birthday to our Little Cannon. We "love you so many times".



1 comment:
Happy Birthday Cannon. Love you!
Post a Comment