JR and I did a hospital tour last night. I never thought I would write about it because I didnt think it would be a big deal.... But, here I am, writing about it.
The doctors recommend that you do a hospital tour so that when you go into the hospital during actual labor you aren't freaking out about where to go and what to do. So we went to the lobby of the hospital and there were about 15 other couples waiting there for the tour too. I am not sure why I thought I would be the only one there.
I kinda freaked out and it became a little more real when the tour guide would say things like "Here is where you will check in when you are in labor" and "Here is where your family will wait when you are delivering" and "Each room has a jacuzzi tub to make labor more comfortable for you." We saw an empty room and I was impressed at the size - in fact, the entire tour of 30 people fit in the room - though it was a little cramped. Each room is private with a mini fridge, cable tv, and a jacuzzi tub. The hospital was nice - a little old - but I was impressed with the place. They are building a new hospital with a new maternity wing across the street from this one but it won't be done until May so we will just miss it.
Everything went fine and we are that much closer and so much more excited. Seeing the labor and delivery rooms was nuts though - to be able to imagine where I will be when it happens is crazy!
They did tell us that video cameras are not allowed during delivery (but immediately after is ok). I guess that video would have been cool to have but not sure I wanted a camera pointed at that area anyways.
7 years ago


1 comment:
Wait, are you delivering at Hoag? They allow cameras there!
Post a Comment