Monday, January 21, 2008

Gaggers

This post is not for those with weak stomachs or those that dont want to hear about poop. Just a warning...
When I was pregnant, I remember reading a friend's blog about poop. In fact, she was soliciting stories from others about poop - let me be clearer - funny stories about children's poop. Well, at the time, I was pregnant, and didnt have any stories. Then, just the other day, a friend with a new baby told me she got pooped on in the middle of the night. Hudson did the same thing when he was younger - pooped on my chest. To this day I am not sure how the poop shot so high but it did. And it did to my friend the other night.
This got me thinking about the other night a couple weeks back... when Hudson had a blow out (when poop cannot be contained by the diaper and therefore gets up the back or out the sides). When I began to change him, I put a clean diaper underneath - but because of the blow out, I got poop all over my hand. I called for JR to come help because it was getting hard to hold Hudson in place and because I couldnt do much with one clean hand. I thought it would be easier with help and since JR was there, I called for him. Well, JR has a weak stomach and started gagging over the trash can once he got close, smelled the situation and saw what was going on. I started laughing so hard that I let Hudson go... He immediately rolled over, crawled away - naked and with poop all over his back. He crawled over to his leap frog toy and stood up - then plopped down - stamping the alphabet mat with his pooped covered butt. I was crying I was laughing so hard. And yes, I still had poop on my hand. And yes, JR was still gagging over the trash can (in his defense - Hudson's poop STINKS now that he is eating solids).
Fast forward to tonight - we were changing Hudson before he got in the bath and, yep - another blowout. JR came over to help because there was poop everywhere and of course - he started gagging again. And of course, I started laughing again. Now this type of thing has happened a few times when I am home alone but as Hudson gets older it is hard to keep him down long enough to change such a dirty diaper (and of course he gets a bath right after something like this - but you still have to get the poop off before the bath, otherwise he is bathing in his own poop). But I am not sure (and yet also cannot wait to see) what would happen if JR were home alone with Hudson when another blow out occurs.... I am laughing already at the thought of him gagging while Hudson crawls away with poop all over his back/butt.

5 comments:

Kara Ritter said...

OMG!!! I am crying laughing that is SO going to happen to me too. Who would of thought we would be talking about "funny poop" stories a year ago!

Claudia said...

I can imagine Christian holding the baby with his arms out and the babies legs dangling, walking across the street and asking Tandra (our wonderful neighbor) for help! Okay, I think I just pee'd my pants!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Dear Wife,

I think it is awesome that you are creating a journal of our child's growth and our experiences along the way. I can't wait to look back at it with you in 20 years from now. Keep up the great Blog!

Love you.