We are currently in the process of weaning Hudson. The last three weeks he has only been nursing at night and JR and I realized that he is waking up with the hopes of nursing more and so we thought it was about time to try to stop. I thought I was ok with the idea of stopping since nursing is very demanding and Hudson is getting older but I recently realized that I enjoy this personal time I spend with Hudson and this is definitely going to be sad for me and harder than I thought.
This morning when he woke up, I nursed him with the idea that it was possibily one of the last times I would do so.... I got a little sad and took a mental picture hoping I would always remember. We sat in the rocking chair and I rubbed his head and put his hair in place and he held on to my shirt like he always does. And when he fell asleep, I let him because he was so peaceful. When he started laughing in his sleep, I took another mental picture.
When I put him back in his crib asleep, I walked out the room realizing that I would have to start accepting the fact that he is growing up. I am so not ready to do that!
7 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment