I think we have been pretty good about taking Hudson with us to places and havent totally made ourselves home-bound just because we had a kid. However, that may soon change. I took Hudson to the OC Fair this week and he was a maniac. He was totally overwhelmed, overstimulated and totally over listening to mommy. It was hot. I was sweating. Hudson was running. And running. And finding places to squeeze his little body into that people werent supposed to be. We found a sand pit with toys for kids to play in and I thought I might be able to stand still for one minute. Until I saw Hudson digging dirt between his legs like a dog and getting a bunch of nearby adults all sandy. At one point I found Hudson behind a little fence kicking at large electrical plugs. Great - he probably almost turned out the power for the whole fair.
Part of my exhaustion and frustration from the fair day stems from the fact that he is running and moving like a much older kid (and has been for awhile) but he listens like a baby (or a boy - same thing). I am sure this is just another 'phase' but let's just hope this phase is at least better before this next baby comes or there is no way I will be able to leave the house alone with both kids. Unless I want to put Hudson on one of those leashes (which I dont - I used to make fun of people that had to use those and called the moms 'lazy' for not chasing their kids. Haha. Little did I know that I would have the poster child for that darn leash).
7 years ago


2 comments:
He is such a cute little rascal! I know I'm not a momma yet, but I have chased after a lot of kids in my day. I think the more you take him out to stuff like that, the easier it will become. Although, because you are pregnant and it is HOT outside, maybe you should bring JR as the chaser next time. :)
Um, I'm kind of rethinking the leash thing as I am finding myself with a little psycho who thinks he is as old and can do whatever his 7 year old sister does. ya... and when she's not around, he's straight into her room messing with her stuff... or into SOMETHING. I feel you.
Post a Comment