Hudson has gone from loving Thomas the Train to Disney's Cars to Toy Story and is now obsessed with all things Dinosaur. I had no idea how many different types of dinosaur there were and am learning along with him. I am totally aware that I contribute to his obsession by taking him to the library for dinosaurs books, the Discovery Center for dinosaur digs, and making dinosaur art. I just see it as a learning opportunity. Why not pick something that he is already interested in and go with it? He has a great memory and is always saying "Mom, is that a Gastonia?" or "Does the Falcarius eat meat?" and "My favorite is the Tyrone Tyrannosaurus Rex" (not sure where 'Tyrone' came from!). I also learned from his teacher that they work on dinosaurs at the end of the year. Hope he doesnt burn out by then!
Dinosaur Art
Discovery Science CenterAn Argentinosaurus.

The inside of the dinosaur.

Some fossils.

Riding a little dino.

Triceratops.

Checking out the triceratops' birdlike beak.

Cannon climbing toward a t-rex.

Going down the tail slide.

Excavation tunnel.

Hudson on a bed of nails... the rest of the discovery center is cool but maybe directed towards a little bit older child. We still found plenty to do.
Dinosaur BooksReading on our way home from the library. Hudson memorized this book, 'I Dreamt I Was a Dinosaur' including the page "Here is Sammy Stegosaurus, busy
foraging for food." Haha.

Cannon picks his own books out too.
No comments:
Post a Comment