Monday, August 06, 2007

Mommy's First Night Away

My first night away from the little guy went surprisingly well and better than I expected. It was hard to leave Hudson, even though it was for less than 24 hours, but I was excited to go to Lauren's Bachelorette Party! I knew I was going to miss him but I was mainly worried about him not taking a bottle. He has pretty much refused to eat from a bottle lately (and he was never that keen on it to begin with) so I thought he would be hungry and fussy the entire time I was gone. Luckily, my aunt figured out that Hudson just likes his milk really warm.... and so he ate fine. In fact, he ate too well - JR had to call me early on Saturday morning to tell me that he was running out of milk!
The ride home was a little harder. Once I got in the car, I just wanted to get home as fast as I could. And while I did miss Hudson, it was great to be with Lauren and friends, drink margaritas out of penis straws and get some sleep (even though I spent most of the time away pumping)!

2 comments:

l + b said...

You are such an amazing friend to have come out for the weekend, thank you! And yay that Hudson took a bottle :)

Anonymous said...

dude, that's one big flotation device. What did the guys have at their party ?!