Thursday, May 07, 2009

I Can't Handle Two...?

Just when I think I can't handle my two kids, I stumble across a person's blog and get reminded of just how easy I have it. Dont get me wrong, I know that getting up at all hours of the night (night after night after night) is not fun or easy and can also make a person crazy, but I know some people who would happily do it instead of going through what they are dealing with. And it is good for me to be humbled every now and then with a real story.

On another note, Cannon had an appointment with a pediatric dermatologist yesterday for his eczema and we found out that eczema (basically very dry skin) can be "excruciatingly" itchy and that many babies with eczema dont sleep well. [While this may contribute to his poor sleeping,I am not getting my hopes up because I need to remember that Cannon is following in Hudson's exact sleeping path and Hudson didnt have eczema]. I asked for an allergy test (often related to eczema) and we had to have blood drawn (scratch tests dont work so well on already irritated or easily irritated skin). Anyways, while I was holding my surprisingly strong baby down, so that blood could be drawn from his arm, and listening to his blood curdling screams and looking at his bright red angry face, I remembered some other babies who have been through much worse than a single blood draw. So, while motherhood is often frustrating enough to have me thinking about getting a 'real' job, I have to remind myself that I have it easy. I have to realize that Cannon's sleepless nights and our long attempts at putting Hudson down will be over before we know it (one can hope). And I need to take a deep breath, relax and take more pictures of when the kids are being the well behaved kids I always thought I'd have.



1 comment:

laurenkutz said...

Your post humbles me, too. What a great reminder to be grateful for our healthy children (even if they don't sleep). Happy Mother's Day to one of the best mom's I know. love you.