What an experience that store is. I have ordered gifts on-line from Babies R Us for other people's baby showers but before yesterday I had never been inside. Now I know why. First, my sister in law, Catherine, was nice enough to go with me and spend hours (yes, hours) registering with me yesterday. And baby Gianna was with us and could not have been better. She did sooooo well for being there for so long and after projectile vomiting on the floor of Babies R Us right when we got there, she slept for the rest of the time in her Baby Bjorn (and yes, I registered for one of those things too). Despite Catherine's amazing knowledge of what to get, what not to get and where it is in the huge store, it still took forever because there is soooo much stuff to get. I kinda thought, a car seat, a stroller and some diapers were pretty much what I needed and was shocked when we were looking at sheets for changing tables, thermometers (both for ear and butt/underarm), baby detergent, saucers, toys, first aid kits, mittens..... and much more. Plus, there are about 50 choices in each of those categories and some are 'better' than others and some are 'better and safer' than others. Luckily, Catt has just gone through all this with Gianna and had done the research, saving me a ton of time.
As soon as it was done though, I was really excited and it became a little more real. Now, on to getting a nursery together.....
7 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment