I had to drink what looked like a bottle of orange soda today and then have my blood drawn exactly one hour from the time I finished the drink - there was six minutes of error time allowed and I hope I made it so I don't have to drink that 'soda' again. This test is to ensure that I don't have gestational diabetes which can lead to many unwanted things in the third trimester of a pregnancy. I don't get results for a week - and that is IF the blood was drawn within the time frame required.
I also got a "kick card" to keep track of how long it takes Baby Reynolds to kick 10 times. I am supposed to count at about the same time every night (I am doing 7pm because that seems like a time when the baby is always kicking). And once I feel one kick, I write down the time and then write down an ending time after the 10th kick. If for some reason, the baby kicks less than 10 times in 2 hours, I need to call the hospital. This all seems very scary and serious to me because I am one of those people that will call if the baby only kicks 9 times or something... Tonight though, Baby Reynolds kicked 10 times in only 20 minutes.
Today at the doctor my stomach measured just over 28 centimeters which is right on track and means the baby is growing appropriately. I am also growing and it is official -- exactly 20lbs heavier than I started... and hopefully only 10lbs more to go!


No comments:
Post a Comment