I had to put these pictures on here too because Maya and Jagger have been so cute and so good lately (and because they are our first children). JR and I keep joking around that if our children go to sleep half as well as our dogs, we will be very lucky. I will upload a photo tonight that I have of JR "tucking" the dogs in before we go upstairs to bed. We are not people that sleep with our dogs and JR and I decided that right away (plus, our dogs are too big). And while it was tough at times to keep Jagger out of our bed (especially when he kept us up at night when we were first got him and we were exhausted), we managed to stay tough and Jagger slept next to the bed in a crate when he was a puppy and then in a dog bed when he got bigger. When we got Maya, her previous owner had told us that she slept outside. I don't like that he kept her outside all day and all night (because no one forces people to get dogs and if you can't handle it or don't want to deal with them - DON'T GET A PET) but now we have her and it is better for everyone. The night we got Maya we decided to try putting both dogs to sleep in the garage (which has a doggy door so they can go in and out at night as they please). Well, surprisingly it worked. We have about 4 dog beds and 3 blanknets in the garage and around 9pm (if the dogs aren't already in the garage sleeping) we walk out there, lay them down, cover them with a blanket, turn the light out and walk out. Sometimes they bark in the middle of the night or early in the morning if they hear something outside, but for the most part, JR wakes them up in the morning to take them on a roller blade or a walk before he goes to work. It has worked out incredibly well, not to mention that it is so much easier on us and will help when the baby comes - and that is why we say - if our kids go to sleep half as well as our dogs, we will be lucky. I am sure there are many other doggy adjustments in the near future with Baby Reynolds coming soon (we already started one after these pictures were taken: no more dogs on the couch!).
7 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment