Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Sick and Clumsy


So, maybe you can tell by the title that I didn't have the best weekend ever. Both JR and I were sick with a REALLY bad cold and cough and pretty much stayed on the couch all weekend. We did manage to leave twice to go to Hollywood video both times (by the way, we rented season 1 of Prison Break and are both big fans now).

Ok, so cold/cough and the fact that I can't take medicine aside, I also realized this weekend that I am now clumsy. I burned two of my fingers while getting something out of the oven, I smashed two of my other fingers under the kitchenaide mixer (they are really heavy) and managed to have the dog step on my foot about a half dozen times - right on a cut that I have on my toe - opening it back up time and time again because I wasnt quick enough to move out of the way even though I had time and saw him coming.

We did manage to cook a really nice meal for New Year's Eve (using cook books and all), even though we did not stay up until midnight. In a weird way, it was actually kind of nice for both JR and I to be sick at the same time. Despite the fact that we hardly got up all weekend, neither of us got bored and we got to spend a lot of time together without interruption. Luckily, the dogs were also in the mood for a mellow weekend and spent most of Sunday sleeping in the sun (see the photo above). So overall, I guess it it worked out for everyone.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Well, I'm clumsy even when I'm not sick or pregnant. At least you can write off the clumsiness as being "off balance" with your middle growing! :)
Karen